- 6 single chicken breasts, skinned, boned, washed
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- Dash dried fennel
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- In a large skillet, saute chicken breasts in 2 teaspoons oil until golden on both sides. Remove chicken from pan.
- Saute garlic and onion in remaining oil 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth, water, and all of the spices to garlic-onion mixture.
- When well blended, return chicken pieces to skillet. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in coconut flavoring.
- Serve over rice or rice/grain mixture.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6; 1 serving = 1-1/4 cup
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 43 milligrams
Cholesterol: 52 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Low-Fat meat
Source: Gourmet Inspirations Healthy Cooking
Book Title: Gourmet Inspirations Healthy Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.