- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons orange juice OR 2 tablespoons orange juice plus 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- Sugar substitute equal to 2 tablespoons sugar
Rest of ingredients:
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans or sliced toasted almonds
- To make the sauce, place the blueberries, orange juice, and sugar substitute in a mini food processor and process until smooth. Set aside for about 15 minutes, until the mixture has thawed. Or transfer to a covered container and chill until ready to use.
- To assemble the sundaes, place a 1/2 cup scoop of ice cream in each of 4 dessert dishes. Top the ice cream in each dish with a quarter of the sauce and a sprinkling of the nuts. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7.6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 2.8 grams
Sodium: 50 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 3.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
1-1/2 Carbohydrate, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.