- 1 cup SPLENDA Sugar Blend
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour 2 eight-inch cake pans. Set aside.
- Place SPLENDA Sugar Blend, flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Cut butter into chunks. Add to flour mixture. Mix at medium speed until mixture is crumbly in appearance (about one minute).
- Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into the flour mixture. Mix at low speed until blended.
- Blend remaining buttermilk, egg yolks, and vanilla together in a small bowl. Add 1/2 of the mixture to the flour mixture. Mix at medium high speed until well blended (about 30-45 seconds). Scrape sides of bowl. Add remaining milk mixture. Mix until well blended. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again if necessary, to remove any lumps.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes on rack before removing from pans. Once cool, frost as desired.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 16
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 180 milligrams
Cholesterol: 75 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Sugars: 13 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.