- 1 cup SPLENDA Sugar Blend
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour 2 eight-inch cake pans. Set aside.
- Place SPLENDA Sugar Blend, flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Cut butter into chunks. Add to flour mixture. Mix at medium speed until mixture is crumbly in appearance (about one minute).
- Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into the flour mixture. Mix at low speed until blended.
- Blend remaining buttermilk, egg yolks, and vanilla together in a small bowl. Add 1/2 of the mixture to the flour mixture. Mix at medium high speed until well blended (about 30-45 seconds). Scrape sides of bowl. Add remaining milk mixture. Mix until well blended. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again if necessary, to remove any lumps.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes on rack before removing from pans. Once cool, frost as desired.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 16
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 180 milligrams
Cholesterol: 75 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Sugars: 13 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.