- 1/2 cup light butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Blend together butter, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, and vanilla in a medium sized mixing bowl until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, lemon juice and zest. Mix briefly. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix using a hand mixer on low speed (or by hand) until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide in half. Roll each half into a log approx. 1 inch thick in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 1-2 hours, allowing dough to chill and become firm.
- Remove dough from freezer, unwrap and cut into slices approximately 1/4 inch thick. Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
These delicate lemon cookies have excellent flavor and an interesting texture. They are perfect for adding variety to a cookie tray.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 27 ServingsServing Size: 2 cookies
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 55 miligrams
Cholesterol: 30 miligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.