- 1/2 cup light butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Blend together butter, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, and vanilla in a medium sized mixing bowl until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, lemon juice and zest. Mix briefly. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix using a hand mixer on low speed (or by hand) until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide in half. Roll each half into a log approx. 1 inch thick in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 1-2 hours, allowing dough to chill and become firm.
- Remove dough from freezer, unwrap and cut into slices approximately 1/4 inch thick. Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
These delicate lemon cookies have excellent flavor and an interesting texture. They are perfect for adding variety to a cookie tray.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 27 ServingsServing Size: 2 cookies
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 55 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.