- 1 package (6 ounces) falafel mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions and tops
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Yogurt Cucumber Sauce (recipe follows)
- Prepare falafel mix with water according to package directions; mix in carrots, sunflower kernels, and green onions. Shape mixture into 8 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet and spray tops with cooking spray; cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Yogurt Cucumber Sauce.
Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
Yield: Makes about 1-1/3 cups
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup shredded, or chopped, cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Mix yogurt, cucumber, and herbs. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
The falafel mixture can also be shaped into 1-inch balls and cooked as the recipe directs; serve with Yogurt Cucumber Sauce as appetizers, or in pitas for sandwiches.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings (2 each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7.7 grams
Sodium: 586 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 11.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
2 Bread/Starch, 1 Meat, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.