- 1 package (6 ounces) falafel mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions and tops
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Yogurt Cucumber Sauce (recipe follows)
- Prepare falafel mix with water according to package directions; mix in carrots, sunflower kernels, and green onions. Shape mixture into 8 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet and spray tops with cooking spray; cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Yogurt Cucumber Sauce.
Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
Yield: Makes about 1-1/3 cups
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup shredded, or chopped, cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Mix yogurt, cucumber, and herbs. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
The falafel mixture can also be shaped into 1-inch balls and cooked as the recipe directs; serve with Yogurt Cucumber Sauce as appetizers, or in pitas for sandwiches.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings (2 each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7.7 grams
Sodium: 586 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 11.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
2 Bread/Starch, 1 Meat, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People with Diabetes