- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white-wine or rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- To prepare dressing: Heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add poppy seeds and toast, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl (or jar) and let cool. Add oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, shallot, salt and pepper; whisk (or shake) until blended.
- To prepare beans: Cook beans in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain. Warm the dressing in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beans and toss to coat.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 104 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
1-1/2 Vegetable, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook