- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white-wine or rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- To prepare dressing: Heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add poppy seeds and toast, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl (or jar) and let cool. Add oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, shallot, salt and pepper; whisk (or shake) until blended.
- To prepare beans: Cook beans in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain. Warm the dressing in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beans and toss to coat.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 104 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Vegetable, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.