- 2 ounces French bread, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 10-ounce bag chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 9 ounces frozen cooked diced chicken, thawed
- 4 ounces feta cheese seasoned with basil and sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together dressing, mustard, and basil and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine romaine, bell pepper, onion, and chicken. Add dressing and toss gently, yet thoroughly, to coat. Add croutons, toss, and top with feta.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 2 cups
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 513 milligrams
Cholesterol: 51 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable
Source: Quick and Easy Low Carb Cooking for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Quick and Easy Low Carb Cooking for People with Diabetes