- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, OR 4 skinless leg quarters (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chipped fresh thyme leaves, OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- Place chicken in a shallow glass dish or plastic bag.
- To make the marinade, combine the remaining ingredients except the orange wedges in a small bowl; pour over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Preheat a grill or the broiler.
- Grill over medium coals, covered with foil or with a grill cover, or broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat source 5 minutesper side, or until the chicken is cooked through, basting often with the marinade. (Discard any remaining marinade. Do not pour it over the cooked chicken.)
- Garnish the chicken portions with orange wedges at serving time.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4``Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast plus 2 orange wedges
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 93 milligrams
Cholesterol: 69 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 9 grams
1/2 Fruit, 4 Very Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.