- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, OR 4 skinless leg quarters (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chipped fresh thyme leaves, OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- Place chicken in a shallow glass dish or plastic bag.
- To make the marinade, combine the remaining ingredients except the orange wedges in a small bowl; pour over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Preheat a grill or the broiler.
- Grill over medium coals, covered with foil or with a grill cover, or broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat source 5 minutesper side, or until the chicken is cooked through, basting often with the marinade. (Discard any remaining marinade. Do not pour it over the cooked chicken.)
- Garnish the chicken portions with orange wedges at serving time.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4``Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast plus 2 orange wedges
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 93 milligrams
Cholesterol: 69 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Fruit, 4 Very Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes