- 4 beets (1-1/4 pounds total), greens and all but 1 inch of stems removed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash the beets well and place them on a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle them with the caraway seeds. Fold and pinch the foil to seal the beets in the packet. Put the foil pouch in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the packet from the oven, place in the sink, and open. (Be careful; the juice will stain.) Peel the beet skin with a small paring knife and cut the beets in quarters. Dip the beets in the juices from the bottom of the foil packet and sprinkle some caraway seeds from the packet over them. Serve hot.
Serving size: 4 beet quarters
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 69 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.