- 1/2 box Dreamfields Linguine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups butternut squash pieces (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage or 4 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, blue cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Crumbled cooked prosciutto or bacon, optional
- Additional cheese, optional
- Toasted chopped walnuts, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in squash, wine and salt. Simmer 12 to 15 minutes just until squash is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sage.
- Toss squash with pasta and cheese. Sprinkle with prosciutto, additional cheese and walnuts, as desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 52
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 213 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 52 grams