- 1 cup frozen cut leaf spinach
- 1 (3 ounce) package nonfat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon zesty no salt added Italian dressing mix
- Assorted vegetables such as sliced carrots, jicama, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, green pepper, radishes
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and vent. Microwave on high power for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Drain well and chop.
- Add cream cheese to spinach and stir until cream cheese is softened. Add sour cream and dressing mix, blending well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Serve with assorted vegetables.
Glycemic Index: 27, Glycemic Load: 1
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 201 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Very Lean Meat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.