- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 4 carrot (chopped)
- 2 celery stalk (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (chopped)
- 1 can tomatoes, diced (15 ounce)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups turkey (cooked, chopped)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Italian seasoning or oregano, basil or thyme to taste
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, and water to pan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and cook another five minutes or until heated.
- Season to taste before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 370 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Source: Montana State University
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.