- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed of any fat and cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, sherry, zest, and oil in a zippered plastic bag. Add the beef and close the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain marinade. Soak wooden skewers in a pan of warm water for 30 minutes. Thread the steak and peppers alternately onto skewers.
- Prepare an oven broiler or outdoor grill with the rack set 4 inches from the heat source. Grill on each side over medium heat for a total of about 10 minutes, or until desired degree of doneness.
Recipe Yield: Serving Size: 4 ounces meat, Total Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 354 milligrams
Cholesterol: 64 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Lean Meat, 2 Vegetable
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.