- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- Place all ingredients, except fresh sage leaves, into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Press mixture through fine sieve, into an 8 inch square baking dish (discard solids).
- Cover and freeze, stirring and crushing lumps with fork ever 1/2 hour, for a total of three hours. Stirring procedure is very important, to prevent mixture from freezing into a solid frozen lump. Texture should be ice crystals.
- Serve immediately in chilled wine glasses.
Fresh blueberries are sweetened, pureed and frozen to create this simple, delicious dessert.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4Serving Size: 1/2 cup granita
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 5 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Sugars: 9 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.