- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 small eggplant, peeled & sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 med-size yellow squash, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded & sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- Combine brown sugar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place rice in bottom of a lightly spray-coated or non-stick 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Layer eggplant, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, green pepper and tomato in baking dish. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over each layer. Dot with butter or margarine.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350F for 1-1/2 hours or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 10 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 543 milligrams
Cholesterol: 6 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
1 bread/starch; 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.