- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 small eggplant, peeled & sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 med-size yellow squash, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded & sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- Combine brown sugar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place rice in bottom of a lightly spray-coated or non-stick 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Layer eggplant, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, green pepper and tomato in baking dish. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over each layer. Dot with butter or margarine.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350F for 1-1/2 hours or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 10 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 543 milligrams
Cholesterol: 6 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 bread/starch; 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts