- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini (1/2 pound total), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, basil and thyme. Cook, covered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, chick-peas and pepper; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days; gently reheat before serving.
Recipe Yield: Serving: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 349 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat; 1/2 Vegetable
Source: Family Circle's All-Time Favorite Recipes
Book Title: Family Circle's All-Time Favorite Recipes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.