- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 thick slice of yellow onion
- 5 ounce boneless pork chop
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard or dijon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprig of rosemary or 1/4 teapoon dried rosemary, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Tear heavy-duty aluminum foil to make a 12-inch square; smear the foil with oil.
- Place onion slice on half of foil.
- Trim any fat from pork chop, spread both sides with mustard.
- Place pork chop on onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with rosemary (if desired).
- Close foil to form triangle, roll edges and crimp firmly to seal, turning sealed edges.
- Place in baking pan and bake 20 to 30 minutes, depending on thickness of chop, or until chop is cooked thoroughly (no pink in the center).
- Transfer packet to dinner plate, open and turn chop with onion and juices onto plate.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 10 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 1 - Difficulty Level: 1
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Meat + 1/2 Vegetable
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter