- 1-1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 large egg, beaten, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Combine the milk, tapioca, egg, sugar, and salt in a small non-stick saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add the orange juice slowly, stirring constantly. Return to the heat, stirring until the mixture boils again. Remove from the heat.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in the vanilla and diced orange. Chill well before serving, at least 2 hours.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4 (1 Serving = 1/2 Cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 98 milligrams
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Other Carbohydrate
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.