- 6 cups moderately packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing or Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 cup matchstick-sized pieces apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta or blue cheese
- Place the spinach leaves and salad dressing in a large bowl and toss to mix well. Divide the mixture between 4 salad plates.
- Top the spinach on each plate with a quarter of the apples, cranberries, nuts, and cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8.3 grams
Sodium: 272 milligrams
Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
Protein: 4.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.