Make healthier chicken tenders at home using common corn flake crumbs, spices and herbs. These are also great for game day and kids love them! The nutritional information is for the chicken thigh version. If using chicken breast, the fat content will be reduced to about 3 total grams.
Recipe Yield: 4 servings.
- 1 pound chicken thighs or breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup cereal crumbs, cornflake type
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place cornflakes in plastic bag and crush by using a rolling pin.
- Add remaining ingredients to the crushed cornflakes. Close bag tightly and shake until blended.
- Add a few of the chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture and shake until evenly coated.
- Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet so they are not touching.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 344 milligrams
Cholesterol: 84 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Source: USDA; CNPP
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.