- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove) (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen green beans
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
- Add onion, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Add green beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, until the beans are heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pepper, and serve.
A side dish so tasty, children won’t even know it’s good for them.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings ``Serving Size: 1 cup green bean mix
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 117 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.