- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove) (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen green beans
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
- Add onion, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Add green beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, until the beans are heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pepper, and serve.
A side dish so tasty, children won’t even know it’s good for them.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings ``Serving Size: 1 cup green bean mix
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 117 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.