- 4 (4-oz.) boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup almond meal (crushed almonds may be substituted)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax meal
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter, optional
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using kitchen mallet, pound breasts uniformly flat, if desired.
- Combine almond and flax meal and salt in small bowl and stir to mix uniformly.
- Combine oil, almond butter (if using), lemon juice, garlic and all spices and herbs in medium bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add chicken to mixture and let marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on baking dish. Sprinkle half the almond-flax mixture evenly over chicken. Pat each breast with your hand to ensure it adheres and forms a crust. Gently turn over each breast, being careful not to disturb coating, and repeat the process using remaining almond-flax mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees when inserted into the chicken.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 300 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.