- 1 spaghetti squash (2.5 - 3 lbs), cut lengthwise into halves, seeded
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions and tops
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place squash, cut sides down, in baking pan; add 1/2 inch hot water. Bake, covered, at 400 degrees until squash is fork tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove squash from pan and turn cut sides up. Fluff strands of squash with tines of fork.
- Saute green onions and garlic in margarine in small saucepan until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in broth and Italian seasoning; heat to boiling. Spoon half the mixture into each squash half and toss; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This delicate flavor of the squash is complemented by the combination of herbs and Parmesan Cheese.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.6 grams
Sodium: 102 milligrams
Protein: 5.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes