- 1 boneless beef bottom round rump roast or beef bottom round (3 to 3-1/4 pounds)
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) fresh pot roast vegetables (potatoes, onions, carrots, celery)
- 2 packages (.75 to .88 ounces each) mushroom or brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Prepare pot roast vegetables: cut potatoes in half (or into quarters if large), onions into 1/2-inch wedges, and carrots and celery into 2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Combine gravy mixes, flour, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add vegetables to bowl; toss to coat well. Remove vegetables from flour mixture and place in 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Add beef roast to bowl, turning to coat evenly with flour mixture. Remove roast and place in slow cooker in center of vegetables.
- Whisk beer into remaining flour mixture until smooth; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 11 hours, or on HIGH 6 to 7 hours, or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Remove roast and vegetables. Skim fat from gravy. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and gravy. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
This is a satisfying meal and thanks to Bottom Round Roast (or Round Rump) it’s also and affordable meal. Using packaged gravy mix makes it easy to prepare, and spending hours in a slow cooker makes it fall-apart tender.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 688 milligrams
Cholesterol: 147 milligrams
Protein: 52 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.