- 1 boneless beef bottom round rump roast or beef bottom round (3 to 3-1/4 pounds)
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) fresh pot roast vegetables (potatoes, onions, carrots, celery)
- 2 packages (.75 to .88 ounces each) mushroom or brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Prepare pot roast vegetables: cut potatoes in half (or into quarters if large), onions into 1/2-inch wedges, and carrots and celery into 2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Combine gravy mixes, flour, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add vegetables to bowl; toss to coat well. Remove vegetables from flour mixture and place in 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Add beef roast to bowl, turning to coat evenly with flour mixture. Remove roast and place in slow cooker in center of vegetables.
- Whisk beer into remaining flour mixture until smooth; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 11 hours, or on HIGH 6 to 7 hours, or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Remove roast and vegetables. Skim fat from gravy. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and gravy. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
This is a satisfying meal and thanks to Bottom Round Roast (or Round Rump) it’s also and affordable meal. Using packaged gravy mix makes it easy to prepare, and spending hours in a slow cooker makes it fall-apart tender.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 688 milligrams
Cholesterol: 147 milligrams
Protein: 52 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.