- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 pounds chicken, whole or cut up, skin removed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup water, chicken broth, or white cooking wine
- Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Add seasonings and water.
- Cover. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours, or HIGH 3-1/2 hours (use 1 cup liquid if cooking on HIGH).
- This is a great foundation for soups - chicken vegetable, chicken noodle, chicken rice, chicken corn, and other favorites.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 381 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 3 Lean Meat
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
Book Title: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.