- 2 ripe Anjou or Bose pears
- 2 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 walnut halves
- Cut pears and apples in half and core.
- Place in a medium-size saucepan with remaining ingredients except walnuts and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer over low heat 10 to 20 minutes until fruit is tender.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Strain through food mill and serve warm or chilled, topped with a walnut half.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 1 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.