- 1-1/2 cups evaporated non-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoon crystalline fructose
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon part-skim ricotta cheese
- Mix all ingredients together in blender and turn into metal trays.
- Place in freezer and stir with fork from time to time to break up ice crystals.
- When ready to serve, process again so the sherbet is soft.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.5 grams
Sodium: 117 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Milk, 1/2 Fruit
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine