- 1 pint Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 10-1/2 ounces diced cheese pumpkin or other turban squash
- 2 ounces onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 ounces arborio rice
- 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1-1/4 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- Heat the stock in a medium saucepan.
- In a separate saucepan, sweat the pumpkin, onions, and garlic in a small amount of the stock until the onions are translucent.
- Add the rice and cook briefly.
- Stirring constantly over medium to low heat, add the remaining hot stock in 3 additions, making sure the rice absorbs each addition of stock before adding the next. When properly cooked, the risotto should have a creamy texture and be firm to the bite.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the Romano.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 pounds; Serves: 10``Serving Size: 3 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 130 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable
Source: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking