- 1 pint Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 10-1/2 ounces diced cheese pumpkin or other turban squash
- 2 ounces onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 ounces arborio rice
- 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1-1/4 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- Heat the stock in a medium saucepan.
- In a separate saucepan, sweat the pumpkin, onions, and garlic in a small amount of the stock until the onions are translucent.
- Add the rice and cook briefly.
- Stirring constantly over medium to low heat, add the remaining hot stock in 3 additions, making sure the rice absorbs each addition of stock before adding the next. When properly cooked, the risotto should have a creamy texture and be firm to the bite.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the Romano.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 pounds; Serves: 10``Serving Size: 3 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 130 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable
Source: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.