- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (Grand Marnier, Curacao, Triple Sec, or brandy)*
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Place chocolate and milk in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until chocolate melts. Set aside.
- Stir together egg substitute, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, cornstarch and Grand Marnier in a small mixing bowl. Add to chocolate mixture. Stir constantly. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken (approx. 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat and pour into the bowl of a blender or food processor. Blend or process briefly (10-20 seconds) to make a more creamy texture. Pour into medium bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate chocolate mixture approx. 2-3 hours or until cool. Whip cream until stiff and fold into chocolate. Refrigerate overnight to set. Will keep refrigerated for 3 days.
- To serve, layer strawberries and mousse in 6 all- purpose wine glasses.
This chilled, layered dessert topped with strawberries is quite impressive. Be sure to allow time to let it set! It’s well worth the wait. Alcohol can be replaced with 1 teaspoon orange extract.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings``Serving Size: 3/4 cup mousse, 1/2 cup strawberries
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 17 grams
Saturated Fat: 10 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 50 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Sugars: 6 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.