- 2-1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 20 fluid ounces Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 12 ounces quinoa, well-rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 7 ounces roasted red and yellow peppers, diced
- In a medium saucepan, sweat the shallots and garlic in 2 fluid ounces of the stock until the shallots are translucent.
- Add the quinoa, remaining stock, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Cover the pot tightly and place in a 350 degree F. oven until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf and thyme. Fluff the quinoa with a fork to separate the grains and release steam. Fold in the peppers and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2-1/4 pounds; Serves: 12``Serving Size: 3 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 150 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable
Source: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.