- 1-1/2 pounds zucchini
- 1-1/2 pounds yellow squash
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 fluid ounces Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon minced herbs (use a variety of herbs, such as basil, tarragon, chives, cilantro, thyme, and oregano.)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- Using a mandoline, cut the zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick noodles. Discard the center of the squashes.
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan. Add the shallots and garlic. Sweat until the shallots are translucent.
- Add the squash noodles and stock. Cover the pan and pan steam the squash until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Season with the herbs, lemon juice, and black pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 pounds; Serves: 10``Serving Size: 3 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking