- 1-1/2 pounds zucchini
- 1-1/2 pounds yellow squash
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 fluid ounces Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon minced herbs (use a variety of herbs, such as basil, tarragon, chives, cilantro, thyme, and oregano.)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- Using a mandoline, cut the zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick noodles. Discard the center of the squashes.
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan. Add the shallots and garlic. Sweat until the shallots are translucent.
- Add the squash noodles and stock. Cover the pan and pan steam the squash until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Season with the herbs, lemon juice, and black pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 pounds; Serves: 10``Serving Size: 3 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Source: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.