- 1 box Dreamfields Rotini, Penne Rigate or Elbows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound (90%) lean ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beef; cook until no longer pink, stirring and breaking beef into pieces.
- Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach, basil and red pepper flakes; continue cooking 3 minutes. Season with salt, if desired.
- Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss with beef mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
A 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach thawed and well-drained can be substituted for fresh spinach.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 main dish servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 54
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Sodium: 178 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.