- 1/2 lb small red potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces (4 cups)
- Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish, if desired
- In a bowl toss together the potatoes, quartered, 1 tbsp of the oil, bay leaf, dried thyme, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the vegetables in an oiled large toasting pan and roast them in the middle of a preheated 375° oven, shaking pan every 5-10 minutes for 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the squash with the remaining tbsp oil and salt and peper to taste and add it to the pan. Roast the vegetables, shaking the pan occasionally, for 10-20 minutes more, or until they are tender. Discard the bay leaf and garnish the vegetables with the thyme sprigs.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 176 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Source: Cooking Healthy and Fast
Book Title: Cooking Healthy and Fast
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.