- 4 beef eye round steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- Combine 1/2 cup yogurt, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Place beef steaks and yogurt mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile line a strainer with paper towels; set over small bowl. Place remaining 1 cup yogurt in strainer. Cover; let drain in refrigerator 30 minutes or as long as overnight to thicken.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas gril, times remain the same) for medium rare (145F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile combine thickened yogurt and wasabi paste. Set aside.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with wasabi- yogurt mixture.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 9 milligrams
Cholesterol: 57 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.