- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into fourths
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (with tops)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Place steamer basket in 1/2 inch water in saucepan or skillet (water should not touch bottom of basket). Place bell pepper in basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Steam 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Place bell pepper, salt, pepper sauce and garlic in blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process on medium speed until almost smooth. Heat in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot; remove from heat. Gradually stir in yogurt; keep warm.
- Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add scallops and onions; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until scallops are white in center. Serve sauce with scallops. Garnish with cilantro.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 270 milligrams
Cholesterol: 35 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Low-Fat Meat; 1 Vegetable
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.