Grapes are a smart choice to keep on hand for healthy snacking and eating, and the vibrant colors and flavors bring extra life to a basic protein – such as chicken.
For a unique twist on a main dish, dressing up chicken with an addition like fresh grapes is as elegant as it is delicious. This Seared Chicken with Grapes and Artichokes is a great example.
Recipe Yield: 4 servings.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 ounces each), butterflied lengthwise into 4 cutlets
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, white part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 cups quartered artichoke hearts, frozen, canned or jarred
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup green California grapes
- 3/4 cup red California grapes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In saute pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken breasts and sear 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan, along with garlic, leek and pinch of salt; cook on medium heat 2-3 minutes to soften leek.
- Stir in oregano, artichokes, wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Simmer 2-3 minutes then add chicken back to pan, basting each breast with sauce.
- Add grapes and simmer 3-5 minutes, or until grapes are just soft and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in fresh parsley and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 390 milligrams
Cholesterol: 70 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Source: California Table Grape Commission
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.