- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 pounds Royal Gala or Braeburn apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Grate peel of orange and lemon. Place in 3-quart glass or non- corrosive casserole with cover. Squeeze juice from orange and lemon; add to grated peel in casserole. Add apples, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to combine.
- Cover with casserole lid. Bake in preheated 350F oven 1-1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let stand covered 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid. Stir to break up apples. Stir in Equal®.
- Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, several hours before serving.
A unique applesauce that bakes in your oven. Citrus flavors enhance the 2 different apple varieties used. Delicious enough to serve as a healthy dessert.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 12 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 1 milligrams
Cholesterol: 8 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Source: Equal ®
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.