- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pound spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse the squash, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and lay the squash halves, cut side down, on the sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the squash can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Place the margarine or butter and honey in a microwave safe dish, cover loosely, and microwave at high power for about 30 seconds, until the margarine or butter is melted.
- Cut each squash half into quarters and use a fork to fluff the center of each piece of squash slightly. Stir the honey mixture and drizzle about 1-1/4 teaspoons of the mixture over each piece of squash. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings`` Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.9 grams
Sodium: 55 milligrams
Protein: 0.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan