- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 four-serving size cranberry or cherry sugar-free gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (7-1/4 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Bring cranberries and water to a boil. Remove from heat when cranberries have popped open. Stir in Equal. Set aside to cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add cranberry sauce; mix thoroughly. Add celery, pineapple with juice and walnuts. Pour into a mold or bowl. Refrigerate several hours or overnight until firm.
A great salad for the holidays, combining fresh or frozen cranberries, pineapple and chopped nuts in a sugar-free gelatin base. Plus, it has 58% fewer calories than the traditional recipe.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 32 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.