- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 four-serving size cranberry or cherry sugar-free gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (7-1/4 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Bring cranberries and water to a boil. Remove from heat when cranberries have popped open. Stir in Equal. Set aside to cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add cranberry sauce; mix thoroughly. Add celery, pineapple with juice and walnuts. Pour into a mold or bowl. Refrigerate several hours or overnight until firm.
A great salad for the holidays, combining fresh or frozen cranberries, pineapple and chopped nuts in a sugar-free gelatin base. Plus, it has 58% fewer calories than the traditional recipe.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 32 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
1/2 fruit, 1 fat