- 1 15-Pound WHOLE TURKEY fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1-1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup peach preserves
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 2 Teaspoons Angostura bitters
- 5 pickled peaches for garnish
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for gravy. Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavities of the bird.
- Fold neck skin and fasten to the back with skewers. Fold the wings under the back of the turkey. Return legs to tucked position.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (no more than 2-1/2" deep) roasting pan. Insert an oven-safe thermometer into thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not touch the bone.
- Roast turkey in a preheated 325 degree F. oven about 3-3/4 hours. Baste with the pan juices.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over low heat, combine preserves, bourbon and bitters. Cook until preserves are melted.
- During the last 30 minutes of roasting time, baste the bird with the bourbon peach glaze. Continue to roast until the thermometer registers 180 degrees F. in the thigh, or 170 degrees F. in the breast.
- Remove turkey from the oven and allow the bird to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Place on a warm large platter and garnish with pickled peaches. Note: Provides 22 servings at 6 ounces per portion.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 20 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 258 milligrams
Cholesterol: 132 milligrams
Protein: 45 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.