- 1 beef Tenderloin Roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 large head garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/4 pounds potatoes (such as fingerling, russet or red potatoes), quartered if large
- 4 small onions, halved
- 6 small plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut about 1/4 inch off top of garlic head, exposing cloves. Remove outer papery skin, leaving head intact.
- Place in center of 12-inch square heavy-duty aluminum foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Bring two opposite sides of foil over garlic; seal with double fold. Fold in open ends to seal.
- Covmbine remaining vegetables, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl; toss to coat.
- Combine remaining teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover.
- Place garlic, potatoes and onions on rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast tenderloin in 425F oven 45 to 55 minutes for medium rare; 55 to 65 minutes for medium doneness.
- Roast garlic, potatoes and onions 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and zucchini to pan; continue to roast 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135F for medium rare; 145F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10-15F to reach 145F for medium rare; 160F for medium.)
- Squeeze garlic pulp over vegetables; stir to combine. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, as desired.
- Carve roast; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve with vegetables.
Beef Tenderloin is the most tender cut of beef available. It is lean and boneless and is sold as a whole roast or a smaller center-cut roast. This roast also meets government guidelines for lean.
Recipe Yield: Makes 20 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2.4 grams
Sodium: 71 milligrams
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.