- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini or yellow squash
- 1/2 cup cooked wild squash or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) or regular parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 sole fillets (1-1/2 pounds total), thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a shallow baking dish with nonstick pan spray.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the carrot and zucchini; saute 2 minutes.
- Add the rice; saute 1 minute more.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the parsley and pepper.
- Sprinkle the sole with wine. Spoon the rice mixture evenly down the center of each fillet; roll up from the short side.
- Place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Brush with margarine and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and the stuffing is hot. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 173 milligrams
Cholesterol: 91 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
1/2 Starch, 5 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes