- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini or yellow squash
- 1/2 cup cooked wild squash or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) or regular parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 sole fillets (1-1/2 pounds total), thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a shallow baking dish with nonstick pan spray.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the carrot and zucchini; saute 2 minutes.
- Add the rice; saute 1 minute more.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the parsley and pepper.
- Sprinkle the sole with wine. Spoon the rice mixture evenly down the center of each fillet; roll up from the short side.
- Place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Brush with margarine and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and the stuffing is hot. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 173 milligrams
Cholesterol: 91 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 5 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.