- 1-1/2 cups bulgur wheat
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes (3 medium), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber (8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- In medium bowl, combine bulgur, lemon juice, and boiling water, stirring to mix. Let stand until liquid has been absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- To bulgur mixture, add tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, parsley, mint, oil, salt, and pepper, stirring to mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors or up to 4 hours.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 side-dish servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 157 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.