- 4 pounds Certified Angus Beef fresh corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 carrots, peeled and halved
- 12 coriander seeds
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 onions, halved and stuck with 2 cloves each
- 12 peppercorns, crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 quarts water
- Place corned beef and seasoning packet in large heavy pot; add water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add onions and carrots. Bring back to a boil and skim off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer approximately 2 to 4 hours until beef is tender. When brisket pierces easily, it is ready.
- Drain the water, place brisket on a platter and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Slice diagonally across the grain and serve with cabbage, carrots and onion.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 1741 milligrams
Cholesterol: 103 milligrams
Protein: 49 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.