- 4 pounds Certified Angus Beef fresh corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 carrots, peeled and halved
- 12 coriander seeds
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 onions, halved and stuck with 2 cloves each
- 12 peppercorns, crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 quarts water
- Place corned beef and seasoning packet in large heavy pot; add water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add onions and carrots. Bring back to a boil and skim off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer approximately 2 to 4 hours until beef is tender. When brisket pierces easily, it is ready.
- Drain the water, place brisket on a platter and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Slice diagonally across the grain and serve with cabbage, carrots and onion.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 1741 milligrams
Cholesterol: 103 milligrams
Protein: 49 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.