- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small green, orange, or purple bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the peppers and onion; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic; continue to stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt.
2g dietary fiber and 5g sugars.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 2 cups (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 149 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.