- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small green, orange, or purple bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the peppers and onion; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic; continue to stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt.
2g dietary fiber and 5g sugars.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 2 cups (4 servings)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 149 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes