- 1 pound boneless skinned chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-Style mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Cut chicken in cubes. In a medium-size bowl, blend remaining ingredients; add chicken. Marinate at least 1 hour or preferably overnight in the refrigerator. Turn several times.
- Preheat broiler. Reserving marinade, thread chicken cubes on skewers. Broil about 6 inches from heat source about 3 minutes. Turn and brush with marinade. Continue broiling until all sides are cooked, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 350 milligrams
Cholesterol: 72 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
3 Low-Fat Meat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.