- Pastry for single crust 9-inch pie
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 container (8 oz.) light whipped topping, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate; trim and flute edge. Pierce side and bottom of pastry with tines of a fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and Equal in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined. Gradually mix in whipped topping, pineapple, 3 tablespoons coconut and rum extract.
- Place half of cream cheese mixture over pie crust. Arrange banana slices in single layer. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle top of pie with remaining 1 tablespoon coconut and chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 199 milligrams
Cholesterol: 29 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 3 fat