- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 teaspoon acceptable margarine
- 1 teaspoon acceptable vegetable oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 2 to 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- Pepper to taste
- Separate broccoli florets so they are of small, uniform size. Peel tough stems; cut stems into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat margarine and oil over medium heat, swirling to coat bottom. Stir-fry broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and green onions for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 57 miligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.