- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3-3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 6 cups leaf spinach
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions for about 5-8 minutes over low heat, until they have softened.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Add the bay leaf and the seasonings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and add the spinach. Continue to cook, but only until the spinach has wilted slightly.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 1011 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Book Title: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.