- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3-3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 6 cups leaf spinach
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions for about 5-8 minutes over low heat, until they have softened.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Add the bay leaf and the seasonings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and add the spinach. Continue to cook, but only until the spinach has wilted slightly.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 1011 miligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Book Title: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.