- 1-1/2 cups 5% ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 strong, prepared coffee
- 3 tablespoon chocolate or coffee-flavored liqueur
- 16 lady finger cookies
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a food processor, combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth; transfer to a bowl.
- In bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Combine coffee and liqueur in a small bowl.
- Put half of lady fingers in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with half of coffee-liqueur mixture. Spread half of ricotta mixture on top. Repeat layers. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 16 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 102 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.